The Bag-In-Box packaging system was created as a streamlined solution to the difficulties of packaging liquids and paste-textured foodstuffs such as wine, water, sauce, syrup, juice, purees, oils and fats.
Bag-In-Box is a specially designed packaging system used for the storage and transportation of liquid, semi-liquid and past-textured products. It is constructed of a bag, consisting of multiple layers for added strength, with a tap or 1” or 2” fitment. The bag is filled with the desired product, and then placed into an outer container. While the bag is designed to protect the product from contact with oxygen, odours and light, the outer container is designed to protect the bag from physical damage and facilitate its transportation.
We offer a large selection of bags, ranging in size from 2L to 1200L. These are constructed with two or more layers depending on a range of factors, including shipping distance, storage conditions, type of product and requirements concerning the oxygen barrier.
The material used for the outer container in which the bag is placed is also dependent upon a number of factors.
|Bag Volume (L)||Outer Container|
|2 - 20||Carton boxes.|
|220||Metal drums / rigid plastic container.|
|1000 - 1200||Containers are manufactured using plastic, metal or wood.|
In recent years, Flexitanks have become more popular worldwide. These flexible containers, ranging in volume from 16,000L to 24,000L, are used in the transportation of substances over substantial distances. Flexitanks are placed into a standard 20” container or other transportation means. This system of packaging significantly simplifies the process of shipping liquid products and reduces the transportation costs.
Main advantages of Bag-in-box packaging:
Usability for final customers
- Usability is as usual the main advantage for a final customer.
- Ergonomic tap Flextap allows of dispensing liquid product in easy and smooth way.
- Bag-in-box packaging has the most comfortable design among all kinds of packaging for dispensing liquid product
- Large free square on the carton box allows a producer to print and a customer to receive the complete information about product and the way how to use it
- Children can easily dispense their favorite drinking without distracting parents from important deeds
- Usability can easily increase consumption of the product in this packaging by final users
Freshness remains up to the last drip
- Freshness of the product is the key factor that can be achieved only in such packaging
- Wine filled in the Bag-in-box packaging remains freshness a week more than such wine filled in the bottles because air can not penetrate inside the bag and oxidize wine. The same point is right in regard to juices
- Higher level of hygiene. In comparison with plastic bottles, cartons and glass bottles there is no contact of Bag-in-box product with ambient environment.
- Taste of product. Up-to-date technologies of polymers allow customers to keep liquids in the polymer film, preventing them from oxidizing and other factors than can influence product taste
- Polymer film excels films of their competitors in organoleptic qualities.
- Polymer film is ideal for export. Being developed for transportation for long distance polymer film can withstand the most heavy transport conditions.
- Increased shelf life terms allow of keeping taste/quality of product, that can increase in the sequel sales volume of product in Bag-in-box packaging.
Easiness of storage and transportation
- You can bring Bag-in-box with you everywhere or leave it at home without concerning about the product may spoil in BIB packaging
- Bag-in-box design perfectly fits people leading active way of life. BIB box can be brought with you to beach, picnic, walking or sport entertainment.
- BIB is produced in different volumes without any limitations.
- BIB can be easily located in the home fridge or at any place in your kitchen
- BIB can be stocked as one on the other, that is very comfortable for retailers and final customers
- BIB packaging is very effective for transportation and storage, starting from shipment of materials for BIB production and up to location of filled BIB on the shelves in supermarkets.