Wine & Spirits
How to preserve the character, taste and odour of wine from vine to glass?
The answer is Bag-In-Box.
Bag-In-Box packaging has been used with wine and spirits for the past fifty years. Born as alternative wine packaging, the advantages gleaned from the process of Bag-In-Box ensured that it became a mainstay in the industry. This type of packaging gives wine manufacturers market advantages, ensuring wine integrity and maximizing consumer experience in a way that is safe, natural, economic, and sustainable.
- Red and White Still Wines
- Premade Cocktails
- Hard Drinks & Spirits
Bag-In-Box is not suitable for sparkling wines and cocktail mixtures containing CO2.
Standard Types of Taps & Fitments:
FlexTap® - one of the most-used Bag-In-Box taps on Earth.
The newest commercially available generation of taps. FlexTap® offers push-button gravity dispensing with automatic shutoff, flow rate control and superb ergonomics. It is designed primarily for final consumers and mostly used in retail packaging.
Click the image to see how it works.
Vitap – is a two-position tap that offers a lever operated dispensing of low viscosity liquids with automatic shutoff. Tamper evidence is provided through the addition of a tear-off plastic strip. The tap is widely used in the hospitality industry where it is connected to different types of dispensing equipment through a specially designed connector.
Standard Types of Films:
МMetalized HyBar® film provides the necessary oxygen and light barrier for products and, depending on its modification, is suitable for ambient or hot-fill, as well as aseptic applications.
Bag-In-Box handles inserted in a carton outer box provide user convenience and brand differentiation for premium boxed wines.
Vitap connector is designed to connect Bag-In-Box to different types of dispensing equipment installed in hotels, restaurants, cafés, bars and other food outlets.
Major Market Sectors & Corresponding Packaging Volume:
- 2 & 3L bags with FlexTap for red and white still wines.
- 10 & 20L bags with Vitap for red and white still wines and other spirits.
- 2 & 3L bags with FlexTap for pre-made cocktail mixtures.
Advantages of Bag-In-Box for Wine & Spirits:
- Small capital investments in filling equipment, easiness in its installation, start-ups, filling process, and palletizing of filled bags.
- Considerable savings during transportation of production due to minimum weight of packaging and rectangular forms of packaging, also without risk of glass breakage when comparing with wine in glasses.
- Delivers wine that tastes great for weeks after opening due to the air not penetrating into packaging when tap is open.
- Command consumer attention on the shelf with eye-catching, differentiated packaging.
- Allows wine-by-the-glass programs for on-premise accounts like hotels, restaurants, cafes and bars, thereby offering wineries an opportunity to expose consumers to popular retail wines, extending brand loyalty while harvesting increased market share.
- Exposes your brand to more people in more places.
- Increases the chances that consumers will enjoy your wine at their table and limit product waste with packaging that keeps wine fresh for weeks after opening.
- Streamline on-premise logistics by dispensing from high-barrier bulk packaging.
- Grant consumers access to quality wines at an affordable price.
- Gives wine additional value as a result of increased usability timeframes.
- Reduces overall packaging carbon footprint by switching to flexible packaging.