Bag-In-Box Filling Machinery
Productivity, Mode of Operations:
Another classification, which divides non-aseptic, passive aseptic and aseptic equipment into three further categories:
Manual Machines (Non-Aseptic)
These are designed for low productivity production and products that do not require special filling conditions. With this machine, the operator carries out all operations manually: uncapping the bag, placing the fitment into the gripper set of the machine, connecting the fitment of the bag to the filling head, opening the filling valve, filling the bag, and replacing the cap to the spout. The main advantages of these manual machines are that they are inexpensive and highly mobile.
These machines can be modified to accommodate the different types of filling conditions: non-aseptic, passive aseptic and aseptic. The machines work with medium productivity, as the operator’s only tasks include placing the bag’s fitment into the gripper set, and later removing the filled bag from the machine. All other operations are carried out by the machine. The main advantages of semi-automatic machines are that they are inexpensive, simple and easy to operate, mobile, and do not require intensive maintenance.
These machines are designed for high productivity and can be combined with special cartoning blocks. Different versions of automatic machines are used for non-aseptic, passive aseptic, and aseptic filling conditions. All operations, including the feeding of the bags into the machine, are automated. Cartoning machines form the carton, and the fully automated machine places the bag into the carton after it has been filled and seals the bag using tape or heated glue. The main advantages of automatic machines include their high productivity, low percentage of defects (ordinarily created by human error) and, importantly, that they allow the entire Bag-In-Box process to be serviced by just one to two people.
Information Required To Select A Bag-In-Box machine:
- Product viscosity
- Product density
- Product acidity
- Size and prevalence of particles
- Product’s required shelf life
- Packaging volume in liters (standard bags volumes include 2, 3, 10, 20, 220, 1000 and 1200L)
- How the packaging will be used (direct pouring from tap or bag fitment, slash and drain, connection to a dispensing machine etc.)
- Required productivity
Advantages Of Working With Gemini Packaging:
- Twenty years of experience in the sale and installation of bag-in-box filling equipment, as well as in the supply of spare parts to customers throughout the Russian Federation and other CIS countries.
- Fair pricing and a comprehensive range of products to start up or enlarge existing production.
- Consultations to help you select the type of machine best suited to your needs.
- Extensive reference list of the machinery installed across Russia and other CIS countries.
- Thorough examination of machinery at the production site before its shipment to the customer.
- Detailed manuals.
- Twelve months guarantee.
See gallery opposite for images illustrative of each machine type.